Assignment one looked difficult on my first look, but when I came back to it a week or so later, it was much simplified. Question 1 seemed more like an exercise in geometry, once the correct division in the polygon was made, the solution was very clear. Question 3 was more challenging, but tracing through n1/n2, n2/n3 and so on was instrumental in solving it, given an understanding of the principle of well ordering. 3b had me for a while, until the 236 TAs opened my eyes to considering the quadratic equation of phi. A very fair assignment overall.
I wrote test one this morning; I didn't find any problems with how to solve any of the questions, but I was surprised to find that I had difficulty in actually solving the important parts. Sometimes the math of this course takes a while to sink in, so I don't think I'll be getting a grade I like from test one. But the number of problem sets and assignments should offset whatever difficulty I find from the tests, or hopefully I'll get better at them with more practice.
The text is wonkier than the word
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment